Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments - October 24, 2014
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Education
Brandon Bull, Special Assistant to the Children’s Cabinet
Brandon Bull is a 2014 graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law and the recipient of a Robert F. Kennedy Public Service Fellowship. In law school he was an Articles Editor for the Journal of Law & Politics and interned for the Administrative Conference of the United States and the Pulaski County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office. Mr. Bull is a native of Montgomery County and the son of two retired public school teachers. He holds a B.A. in Economics and Political Science from Virginia Tech and earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board of Education
- Sal Romero Jr., M.S. of Harrisonburg, Assistant Principal, Spotswood Elementary, Harrisonburg Public Schools. Mr. Romero is a first-generation Mexican-American educator, and has worked extensively on issues related to struggling schools in high-poverty communities, as well as with students who are learning English as a second language.
GenEdge Alliance (aka A.L. Philpott Manufacturing Extension Partnership) Board of Trustees
- Dr. John A. Downey of Harrisonburg, President, Blue Ridge Community College
- Roy C. Irvine of Petersburg, Quality Assurance Manager, BGB Technology, Richmond
- Hans de Koning of Glen Allen, President, Flexicell, Inc., Ashland
- Kate Blair Farmer of Gretna, President, Blair Homes, LLC; Business Services Manager, Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce
- Bruce E. Mayer of Vinton, Attorney
Public Guardian and Conservator Advisory Board
- Rose A. Palmer, Esquire of Williamsburg, Rose A. Palmer Law, PLLC